Why? to Whynot! and Saddlesore 2000 - Video


I ride a Goldwing - GL1800 to be specific. A week of paid time off back in October, 2016 was consumed riding my motorcycle - imagine that!



This is a time-lapse video created from images taken during my Iron Butt Association® (IBA) ride. There was another individual that provided the inspiration on YouTube for this, based on a 50CC IBA ride that he did. His ride was west to east. The first segment was from Why, AZ (near Ajo, AZ) to Whynot, MS (near Meridian, MS) in October of 2016. This ride was accomplished in 32h:54m, including an overnight rest.
At the conclusion of this ride, I continued to Jacksonville Beach, FL where I completed a Saddlesore 2000 in 44h:04m, covering a total of 2177 miles. As of March, 2017 these rides are all verified by the IBA.
For further information about long distance endurance motorcycling, see the web pages at Ironbutt.org for details!
These blog entries have a label "LDEM" (Long Distance Endurance Motorcycling), which I'll put on all of those blog entries to differentiate between them and 'Touring' rides.

Here's a map of the route ridden:


Video updated November, 2018

Comments