A ride ends...and another begins

January 15, 2025 




I got this text message fairly early this morning...and it's kinda messed with my head most of the day.

You've read here about those trips to Death Valley that I've taken during the President's Day weekend (mid-February) for a bit of fun and frivolity out in the middle of nowhere. One of the long-time participants of that event passed away unexpectedly back in August. His widow just informed us of his demise on that ancient motorcycle forum (some) of us hang out on.

In my prior post on this blog, I mentioned that there was going to be something different planned - quietly, and without a lot of fanfare. This individual was certainly going to be a part of this ride.

The ride is still going to happen...but the purpose of the ride will now be different. That's why my head is messed up. There were going to be some text message threads with the planning - where, when, why...

I'm now going to link you to another one of these types of blog posts I wrote many years ago as a conclusion to this post. I'm having some of those same feelings I did way back when right about now. Writing this has been therapeutic for me.


Thanks for reading along - R.I.P. Matt

March 23, 2025 

Two months later, a plan has been formulated.

A week of dates has been put on a calendar. An itinerary of where to go and what to see is loosely established.

A starting point has been established.

Three willing souls will ride; two more have expressed interest. Honestly, it doesn't need to be any bigger, in my opinion, than that.

A new thread will be established close to when the ride happens.

Comments